- 375 g (1 1/2 cups) peanut butter, no added sugar
- 75 g (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- 80 g (3/4 cup) almond flour
- 80 g (1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 175 g (1 cup) dark chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids, chopped, divided
- 85 g (1/2 cup) hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- 1 pinch salt
Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 cm baking tin with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together 250 g peanut butter with the maple syrup and almond flour until well combined. Transfer to the baking tin, evenly pressing it across the base. Cover and chill until needed.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining 125 g peanut butter, coconut oil, half the chocolate, hemp seeds, and salt in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a half-filled saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the chilled base. (Keep the water simmering.)
Place the remaining chocolate in a clean bowl. Set it over the simmering water, stirring until melted.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the topping in the tin. Cover and chill until set, about 4 hours.
When ready to serve, cut into slices and turn out.
Serves 6-9 approx.